Sunday, July 28, 2013

NFL TRAINING CAMP DAY 2 / DAY 3

Yesterday began day two of training camp. This off season, we saw a few of the players go through there share of injuries, such as players Arian Foster and Jason Pierre- Paul. Foster this past season rushed for over 1,424 yards, helping the Houston, Texans make there second play off appearance and leading them to there second AFC south Title. On Friday the Texans placed Foster on the physically unable to perform list. Texans head coach Gary Kubiak expressed on Monday "I thought he'd be ready to go but the team trainer just thinks he needs a few days with him to work into the routine. Kubiak also expressed Saturday "But he's had a good summer; he's been here every day. I expect him back pretty quickly." Foster also expressed Saturday that he believes he should be ready to go in the coming days. "I'm just going to take my time and when I feel 100 percent confident , I'll be ready." On the other hand the giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is having different thoughts about his recovery process and his return to the game this season.The Giants defensive end underwent back surgery last season when he experienced constant back pain in his lower back.When asked about his return to the game this season, Pierre -Paul said "I don't know only time can tell, It's all on me to recover." Paul expressed on Sunday that he noticed a difference in his number of sacks from 2011 to 2012, when he went from 16 1/2 sacks to only 6 1/2 sacks. After the surgery Pierre Paul expressed "The whole discomfort is gone, When I sit down I don't have that pain any more. When I stand up I don't have that pain. I can stand up straight. Basically everything is gone." Only time will tell if the giants leading offensive line men will be in a giants uniform in week one against the cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment